The Latin American and Caribbean Region
LACNIC allows transfers between LACNIC members.
Basically these are the rules:
- Minimum transfer size of /24
- Buyer must meet current LACNIC policies regarding justified need for the purchased addresses
- Transferred blocks must be held by the buyer for a year before resale
- LACNIC-allocated blocks must be held by the registrant for three years before sale is allowed
- Legacy resources will lose their legacy status if transferred.
- LACNIC will provide a public log of all transfers
- LACNIC charges a $1000 transfer fee for blocks up to /20, $1500 for larger blocks
- LACNIC will initially charge the buyer the first $200 of the transfer fee at the start of the process, this will not be refunded if the process fails